Pages

Friday 4 May 2012

Elizabeth Catlett 1915-2012

Just putting together an article for blog, and read that Elizabeth Catlett had died, last month! I've been out of the loop recently so have no idea if this made any news over here...but it should of! I learned about this artist by chance really, about ten years ago. I wasn't taught about her ever in school, college or univ in any of the arts course that I studied, but when I did finally learn of her work and life, it reinvigorated me as a creative person. 
There was nothing this woman couldn't do with the 2D and 3D artforms, and she used them to express the issues which touched her as a black woman.
I kinda hoped she'd live forever!




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Catlett

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing info about this artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Creativesqueblog, loving your watercolours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Oh and I just wanted to let you know that I've awarded you some blog awards so check out this post on my blog:

    http://creativesqueblog.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/two-blog-awards-at-the-same-time/

    Stacey-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Thank you! I just wanted to let you know that I've given you two blog awards so check out my blog post below:

    http://creativesqueblog.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/two-blog-awards-at-the-same-time/

    Stacey-Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I am really honored, will post responses soon :)Thanks for the support Stacey-Ann!

      Delete
  5. Wow! I am really honored, will post my responses soon :)Thanks for the support Stacey-Anne!

    ReplyDelete